What tools and resources do you use when you plan your marketing strategy? Do you use various types of media to the fullest extent so that you get the best return on your investment? If not, perhaps the problem is not in your marketing plan itself. Perhaps it is in the way you use and gather data. Once you gather the data, you will want to figure out how to use what you know about your social media marketing as well as many other types of marketing strategies.
Why Big Data? How to Use Big Data?
Big data can do a lot toward helping you plan your marketing strategy both in the long-term and the short-term. Consider big data for marketing gathering similar to intelligence gathering in the government. Just like in intelligence gathering, you need to be aware of a few concepts on impact of big data on marketing that will make your data more valuable to your goals.
1. Consider everything a resource.– Good intel gatherers know that everything around them is a potential resource. We soak up information like a sponge, observing people, making analyses over seemingly small things. Through the big data marketing strategy of drilling down to the specifics and collecting data, we know that later we will sift through each piece of data and determine what to keep and what to reject.
The critical data when it comes to your marketing plan will be anything that has to do with your goals for your business and how you want to present your brand. Determining big data uses in business is one of the challenges of developing an effective marketing strategy around big data.
2. Don’t take on every opportunity to market.– Remember that, while you want to consider everything as a possible resource, it’s also important to remember which marketing opportunities to pursue and which to avoid. You cannot put all of your eggs in one basket any more than you can put an egg in every basket. In other words, focus on using your data in the best way that will get the most results.
If Facebook and Twitter ads work the best, use these as your primary tools. If using a PPC campaign with Google Adwords is what you get the best results with, utilize these social media outlets and spend most of your money with these options.
Continual monitoring of your advertising strategies and efforts is essential to establishing a method of getting your message out to the masses.
3.Be specific.– The more specific you can get, the better you will communicate your brand and what you are about. Don’t complicate the message by trying to do too much. Use the data that you collect such as customer shopping preferences, shopping behaviors, and other information to plan your next ad campaign.
4. Focus on data that produces the best results.– Analyzing data is not easy. But you have to do this if you are going to figure out how to best use your resources to create a marketing strategy.
One principle to keep in mind is that you should find out what people like before you create your product and then show people what you’ve created. Most business people do this the other way around. They create products and then try to find the market that wants them. If you do your research effectively and systematically, you can use the data that you gather from tracking software, surveys, and other tools to glean this information. Then create what your customers want according to your data.
Also, the data should serve to guide your marketing plan so that you get the best results you can.
5. Know how to connect the dots.– Studying the results of your data once you gather it is important to plan your marketing strategy. You may want to utilize the help of automated data analysis tools such as Kissmetrics, Google Analytics, and other tools. Some are free, and others are premium tools. But you may find that paying a little on the front end to know how to interpret the data you gather can go a long way.
6. Separate the data into the type of data it is.– When analyzing and evaluating the data, you may want to look at the type of data it is. Not everything is a customer behavior. Some of the data is simple demographic information, general age ranges, income levels, and other information. However, you can create a type of profile based on the data you gather and apply it according to what you are trying to do.
Advantages of Using Data
According to Loginradius.com, B2B marketers who have effectively used data to drive their marketing campaigns and ad strategies have increased their profitability to 5-6% higher than those who didn’t use data to base their decisions on.
Knowledge is truly power when it comes to creating solid marketing strategies that move their ROI to higher levels and increase their results.
Data-driven marketing will continue to be an important part of marketing in the digital world, especially when there are so many tools that you can utilize to reach your goals that can be completely automated.
Some of the positive effects of using data in this way include:
- Improved Marketing Budget Management
- Gaining a competitive advantage over your competition
- Getting ideas that you may not have thought of without the information
- Knowing your customers on a higher level
- Collect information that your customers want you to know to help them more
- Know your audience
One of Your Best Tools
Remember that, no matter how good your marketing plan is or how well you become at customer intel gathering, you need to start by creating excellent content first.
One of your best tools that you can create to do this is an infographic. Using an infographic with your social media can help to increase your level of engagement and increase your results by properly utilizing that one asset to reach your audience.
Infographics and Marketing
If you use infographics to market your brand, you’ll be able to put a lot of information together in one form that your customers will appreciate and understand. Additionally, if you know how to use data to increase your level of engagement, you can tap into one of the most important aspects of marketing available to you in the digital world: customer analysis.
Get an expert
Most business owners just don’t have the time to devote to their marketing the way they’d like to. No one knows your business as you do but hiring a dedicated creative design team to create your digital content and assets may be a good choice for you to make.
When you are looking for a professional infographic design team, check out our site and see what we can do for you. We are infographicdesignteam.com and infographics are our specialty. We can help you find the best way to promote your brand using data you gain about the people you most want to reach.
Call us today, and you’ll see that using your customer data to create a professional infographic is one of the best things you can do to create a killer marketing plan.