Infographics are a great way to get your brand and your message out to the masses. But have you ever thought about turning that fabulous infographic into an animated video infographic? The idea behind infographics was to cram as much information as possible on a flat one-dimensional page. This was great in some ways, in that people could take their time and study the information at their leisure, so that they could get all of the data in one place, without writing a large amount of text.
However, infographics are limited when it comes to viewer engagement. Best animated infographics captures the attention of people for longer, grabs their attention faster, and may increase sales up to 65% more than other methods, including infographics.
When planning your digital ad campaign and strategy, here are 10 reasons why you should consider transforming your infographic into animated infographic video.
1. Amazing infographic design can serve as a great outline for your video. An infographic is a quick snapshot in words, graphs, and images to what you want to say in your message. When you turn this into a video, you already have a ready outline of what you are going to say. This saves time and money in planning, strategizing, and trying to figure out what to include in the video. And when you save time, you increase your ROI.
2. Infographics include valuable statistics, charts, or graphs that would be better shown in a video. People take in an infographic in just a minute or two. But if you were to transfer that same information to an animated video, you could have animated graphs, statistics, and charts that come alive before the viewers eyes. This may also increase their interest in your information and cause them to watch longer.
3. An animated video can add more color, animated actions, and dialogue that engage the viewer on a higher level. Statistics also show that 65% of people who have viewed a video prior to going to a client’s sales page make a purchase shortly after viewing the video.
4. Animated videos allow you to put your message in “story mode.” An infographic is difficult to put into story mode because it is all laid out in a mosaic type format, with pieces of information here and there. Video allows you to tell the story with characters, sounds, and dialogue and engage your viewers better than with infographics alone.
5. An infographic can only capture a “screen shot,” so to speak, of your overall message, in the hopes that all of the data, pictures, and information will somehow resonate with the viewer. But since they are designed to be seen in only a few seconds, it’s an awful lot of data to be shared in such a short time. Instead of using an infographic alone, you should convert this to an animated video so that you can focus on one aspect at a time. Then your message is less “cluttered” in the viewer’s mind and they understand your main point more easily. Animated video, therefor, increases the clarity of your message.
6. Animation is fun. People enjoy seeing animations on the screen and watching the characters interact. Infographics, though complex in their components, are a flat one-dimensional medium. Animation is three-dimensional and draws the viewer in much faster. And, if they enjoy watching it, they are likely to stay on your page longer.
7. Animated video can include many of the same elements are infographics. Infographics often use whiteboard-looking graphics, such as a white background and black sketches. Others are done in vibrant colors. Either way, you can do both in animated video. By using animated whiteboard techniques, you can sketch out your message while a narration plays, explaining the message to your customers. Studies show people respond to whiteboard animations much faster than if they saw a picture or infographic alone.
8. Individual statistics can become interesting. Who gets excited about statistics? Not many of us jump up and down when staring at a one-dimensional graph of numbers and information. But when you turn this data into an animated video, you can isolate individual graphics and make them bounce like a ball across the screen, create an animated, stunning bar graph or line graph that show growth over time, or endless other methods.
9. People watch moving images longer than static ones. The brain becomes passive after a few seconds of staring at a one-dimensional graphic. But by taking the individual items and placing them in an informational or explainer video, you will take the viewer along with you as you present your message, so that they are always with you. Individual stats and information can be displayed before the viewer in any order you see fit, drawing their attention to the data and increasing their level of engagement. They also have the option of rewinding and reviewing any part of your message that wasn’t clear. This guarantees that the focus of your message doesn’t get lost in the plethora of data, graphics, and numbers that are usually present in an infographic. It may result in a higher level of understanding of your message.
10. Animated video is more shareable than infographics. Animated videos can reside on YouTube or other video platforms, with an automated share feature built right in. This means that, once you have your video up and running, people can share it on their social media accounts, with friends via email, or other ways. Sharing of your media should be an ultimate goal as a business owner. The more people share your message, the higher your concepts and ideas will rise and you can create brand evangelists for your brand.
How to Best Use Animated Video with Your Brand
There is a big craze lately for converting infographics to animated video. Why? We gave 10 reasons above. But there are many more, not the least of which are just engaging your customers on a higher plain, getting them interested in your message, and increasing conversions. Remember, data sells. But it only sells if it is interesting, engaging information that is presented in such a way that it draws your viewers into your message. Static, flat images may bore your viewer after only a few seconds. But statistically, an animated video keeps them on there up to 5 minutes longer.
The goal of any business in promoting your brand should be not just to win a customer for a day, but to win a customer for a lifetime. In other words, you want to create engaging media that get customers to believe in your product or service so much that they want to tell it to their friends, their social circles, and all of the world!
In fact, you could very well create your own “ghost marketing team” inadvertently simply by creating a dynamic video that will capture the attention of your visitors so much that they just have to share with others.
So create a great message, script and plan your strategies, but if you already have an interactive infographic, think of that as the ultimate outline for a super marketing video through the avenue of animation and watch your traffic skyrocket!
If you would like to talk to professionals who can do this for you, visit our main site at Animatedvideo.com professional animation specialists. They can create whiteboard animations, standard cartoon type animations and more, complete with audio, dialogue, special effects, and much more!
The message you put out in your best infographic video that represents your brand is one of the most important things you do as a business owner. Say it in a language your viewers understand.