The present 21st tech- savvy scenario has seen a shift in man’s base from the physical to the virtual world. From building relationships, creating groups to meeting likeminded people, each and every facet of social life is being now carried on the social media. And it goes without saying that these social media has become a powerhouse of potential clients. Enter social media marketing- the virtual marketing strategy that allows entrepreneurs to access this crowd.
What Is Social Media Marketing?
The first and the foremost question that we must ask ourselves in this context is what does social media marketing exactly mean? Speaking in simple terms, the phrase refers to the use of social media for marketing purposes by enterprises.
It is a widely acknowledged fact that that almost every social aspect of man’s life has undergone a virtual makeover. Today, people hang out more on the social media platforms than anywhere else. And needless to say, this virtual crowd is a massive trove of potential customers, which any competent entrepreneur cannot afford to overlook. So what do they do? They reach out to this group in their bid to market their product. They market their product and services using the social media, reaching out to potential customers, creating a niche for themselves in the process. This is what is meant by social media marketing.
Choosing the Social Media That Best Suits Your Requirement
With the population becoming increasingly tech savvy and the internet being made easily accessible, one can see the advent of a new social media on the block every other day. So, that is the next issue that needs to be considered here. Which social media will best serve your marketing purposes? Alternatively, how will you choose the social media that is most compatible with your marketing needs?
- The first and the foremost thing that you should consider in this respect is what is your exact plan? What it is that you wish to achieve through the social media platform. Once you have an answer to this question, you will find that selecting the right social media for marketing your products and services has become a hell lot easier.
- It is also important to understand in this context that merely opening up promotional pages on the social networking media will not help your cause. You have to constantly update those pages and let people know about the events, activities and latest products and services of your enterprise to draw in potential customers.
- Your target group is what matters when it comes to the objective of social media marketing. Merely selecting a social media that has huge traffic will be of no use if it does not house your target group of customers. So, it is better if you go for a social media where you will have access to your potential clients over social media recording huge traffic.
Taking a Look at the Different Types of Social Media on the Block
It is a fact well understood that being in all the places at once is not possible. It is, therefore, best to select the social media that will best serve your purpose and for that you need to know the different kinds of social media available on the block.
- Collaboration- This group involves social bookmarking sites and wikis such as, Google Reader, Reddit, Digg, Delicious and the like. It is somewhat similar in nature to an encyclopaedic structure.
- Communication- This group of social media sites includes blogs and micro-blogs, such as WordPress, Twitter, Blogger, Facebook and the like that allows users to post detailed content in the form of text, video and graphics and also provides for options where people can comment and interact with each other.
- Multimedia- As is evident by the term, the multimedia social media such as Pinterest, Youtube, Flickr, Photobucket and the like allow users to post photographs and videos along with text. Signing up with these sites always draws greater traffic as pictures and videos generally have more takers than the text.
It cannot be denied that social media platforms are great platforms to market the products and services of an enterprise. And in order to be successful, it is better if entrepreneurs opt for those sites that best suit their purpose, instead of selecting random platforms for the purpose.