In the 1980s, the favorite pop/rock group, “The Police” had a song entitled, “Too Much Information Running Through My Head.” It was a prophetic song in many ways when you think about big data, and how it has become the focus on all, we do on the internet as well as a way that businesses and agencies keep information they need to run their business.
How do people handle big data online? The amount of information that is available can be overwhelming. Even everyday shoppers online looking for a product or service is overwhelmed with big data as well as too much information that pertains to their topic.
They may be looking for tips on buying a new car. They go online looking for advice on this topic and find thousands of pages on cars, but they have difficulty in finding information that is specific to how to purchase a car. What they need is more accurate information that gives them ideas on how to spot the best deal.
This can be frustrating for car shoppers so they may be looking for a way to find streamlined information on their topic of choice. That’s where a professional infographic comes in.
The Beauty of Infographics
Infographics are a real example of “a picture is worth a thousand words.” They allow you to say a lot in a smaller space by using photos and graphics instead of words. There is also text on an infographic that gives information on a particular topic. But the text is limited to direct facts and information that complements the graphics in the infographic.
When you create an infographic for your business, you are condensing the confusing information that people may be looking for and putting it into a form that can be organized in a rational and logical way. It also allows you to appeal to your target audience with information that may lead to more leads and sales for your business.
When you provide a free service such as information on your blog, you are helping to improve the impression and opinion that people have of your brand. You are giving them free information that will help them with a problem they may have that they need to be solved. This improves your credibility and allows you to offer free information that can be very helpful to your target audience.
In essence, an infographic streamlines the big data that overwhelms people on a specific topic and present it in an organized manner. But how do you, as a site owner, create a great infographic that captures this organization?
7 Tips for Organizing Your Infographics
Below are seven tips as to how you can better organize your infographics to increase your customer engagement and interest. Look over these ideas as you think about how it can help your target audience to obtain some valuable information that may help them to understand something better. This can result in more sales and leads for you in the long run.
- Plan ahead.– If you want to create a successful and organized infographic, you need to plan ahead. This involves listing the things you want to include in the infographic and thinking about how you will present them on the infographic.
- Focus on a specific idea.– If you try to include too much information on your infographic, you may end up making the problem worse regarding “too much information.” Instead, try to focus on one specific topic and dig deeper into that topic so that you offer the most information possible on the specifics. This will give people lots of information without making them feel overwhelmed by trying to expand to other areas.
- Consider the purpose.– Before you set out to create your infographic, make sure you consider the purpose of it first. What do you wish to achieve by creating the infographic? Do you want to increase sales for your products? Do you want to offer free information on your niche topic>? Do you want to increase leads? Try to nail down your topic and tie it to your goal before designing your infographic. This will serve as a backdrop for everything you include.
- Use graphics and art to emphasize the main points.– The use of dynamic color and well-created graphics will make or break your infographic. People want to see brilliant colors that have a visual impact. They are there for the information but a beautiful infographic such as this one by our talented staff will go a long way toward creating a positive experience for the user.
- Use graphs and charts.– The use of graphs and charts to communicate a concept goes a long way toward creating a positive experience for the reader. Think of the entire visual experience and use pretty charts and graphs that display the numerical data in a way that is easy to understand. This infographic illustrates one way that you can create a graph without using traditional bar or line graphs to display the statistical information.
- Organize text into categories.– When you use text on your infographic, it should be kept to a minimum. Organize the “too much information” problem by creating distinct categories where you will house the information. Remember to focus on the pictures rather than the text and limit text the only what is necessary to get the main point across.
- Be precise.– The beauty of an infographic is not just that it is appealing to the eye. It should also be organized and precise so that it is easy to understand. Create sections that speak to the needs of your target audience and focus on the specifics.
Pulling it All Together
Now that you have an idea of how to create your basic infographic, what should you focus on the most? Think about what your target audience wants by checking customer service emails or surveys. Do some research to see what the pain points are of your customers and think about how you could address these issues within your infographic.
Making your infographic attractive and organized are important. But there are many other important aspects of an infographic, as well. If you need help planning your infographic, see our portfolio online and then contact us.
We are infographicdesignteam.com, and we take pride in helping business site owners coming up with quality infographics that will please their target audience.
Also, don’t forget that we don’t just do infographics. We do four major types of infographics including:
- Video infographics
- Social media infographics
- Static infographics
- Powerpoint infographics
No matter what your vision, we can help you brainstorm and think about how to create the perfect infographic for your brand that will win you friends and influence people.
So make some notes about what you want to achieve and then contact us for a free quote. Together, we can create the perfect infographic that will not only organize information in a beautiful, systematic way, but it will also appeal to the people that you want to win as customers.
9 34 1