Do you use infographic or video infographic contents on your site? Are you considering using these tools to create more hype for your brand? Both of these are great to increase your level of engagement and interest in your viewers. But which one is best for your brand?
In this post, we will explore the use and creation of both infographics and video infographics and discuss the advantages of both. We also give you reference links to highlight each of the points discusses so that you can check out with real examples of creative infographic design that you can check out, along with case studies and other resources.
After you explore these examples and consider your brand, then you can decide which you would prefer for your brand and how to design infographics.
Advantages of Infographics
Infographics are a great artistic and data compilation that is highly visual and informational at the same time. To learn more about how you can start using infographics within your own content creation and branding, be sure to check out these 37 infographic ideas from industry experts.
Static infographics are the living embodiment of the phrase: “A picture is worth a thousand words.” They are a stand alone piece of visual data that can be created in some ways. The infographic can be used to create a timeline, a bar graph, a description of your business assets, sales records, and much more. The versatility of the infographic cannot be denied, and it will help you to promote your brand in ways that you have not done before.
Aggregation of Data
The static infographic is also a great way to aggregate data. You can use information and data from past years and combine it with data from current trends to show how your business has increased in revenue, products, or services over the years. You can also use it as a timeline to show the evolution of your business to share with either B2B customers or clients.
Interest in Infographics
One of the most important aspects of infographics is that you get results. Jeff Bullas’ site indicates that interest over time for searches on infographics has improved by over 40% between 2009 and 2011. This interest has continued to grow recently as is evidenced by this study by Smart Insights.
This information illustrates how people are interested in infographics and this means there will be an increased interest in your site by using them on your page.
Advantages of Video Infographics
The advantages of video infographics are similar to that of static infographics. Video infographics are also known as “animated infographics.” They are created by combining various animations to create an informational video that helps explain data in an engaging way.
Integration of Media
One of the biggest advantages of video infographics is that you will be able to integrate various types of media into your presentations that you could not do with static infographics that rely on pictures only.
Video infographics are more easily shareable than static infographics and they more likely to be shared due to the interest in video. Video infographics tend to appeal more to people who prefer moving pictures and animations to static images.
To learn more about how to use social media to get more attention and shares for your infographic, click here for our resource guide.
Which should you use?
When considering which type of infographic to use, ask yourself these questions first:
- Do you have data that should be studied in detail?– Consider what type of data you have that you want to present. If you have data that should be scrutinized or studied closely, you may want to use a static infographic. This will allow people to look over your data at their leisure and to study it at closer range than if it is in a video.
- Do you want to focus on visuals and graphs?– There are some advantages to static images and infographics. If you want to attract people through stunning visuals or graphs, you may want to use traditional static infographics.
- Do you need to raise your level of engagement on your site?– Vido infographics may engage your customers at a higher level because of their love for animation or story-telling. Also, if you have a story to tell them about your business or other aspect, video infographics may be more effective.
- Do you have success with video?– If you have had wide success with video in the past, you may want to focus on video infographics. In other words, if it’s not broken, don’t fix it. If you have never tried using video before, this is a good opportunity to see how video can improve your results.
- Is your content inducive to a video form?– Think about the type of content you are disclosing in your infographic and determine whether it would be better shown in a static infographic or a video format.
The Final Analysis
Well, that gives you some things to consider when trying to determine which type of infographic will work best with your brand. Static infographics are like a picture that people can study, print out, utilize in their presentations, and analyze up close. Video infographics are meant to be a moving presentation or animation that lets you illustrate your idea in full color moving images.
You can use the same information in a video infographic that you use in a static infographic, but the moving infographic is more like an animation and provides the viewer with more entertaining content.
How to Create an Infographic or Video Infographic
Once you decide whether you want to create a static infographic, video infographic, or both, how will you accomplish the creation of these assets? One way is to find software that does it. There are some different types of graphics creation software that you may find available online with their infographic video template. There are even some online creation tools that may suffice.
If you are talented in creating graphics within Photoshop or other similar graphics creation programs, you could try doing it yourself. You could outsource it to a graphics designer and give them the information to compile it for you.
But if you want to achieve success in creating an engaging, informative infographic, you need to see InfographicDesignTeam.com.
With years of experience in both static infographics and video infographics, we can help you decide which type of infographic to use with your brand in a way that will enhance your company image.
After visiting with you about your business, we may recommend doing both. Either way, the choice is up to you. We will give you the information you need to make the best decision and even help you design the best infographic that will create increased engagement for your brand that you can share with the world.