Are you using lead magnets? What do you do to ensure that your lead magnets are bringing people into your sales funnel? Some business owners shy away from lead magnet design of marketing because they feel they are too sales-oriented or overbearing to the viewer.
While this is true for many lead magnet templates, this should not keep you from looking into lead magnets as a way to attract your target audience. The key to creating a great lead magnet is to create a professional one that will interest your target audience.
How to create a lead magnet that is appealing?
So how do you create an appealing lead magnet without overpowering them? Here are a few ideas to appealing lead magnet marketing for your audience without driving them away.
1. Use your content that you have already created.– Many business owners try to create a compelling sales magnet without realizing that their best content may have already been created. Try using content that you have already created from your website or blog to help communicate value in your lead magnet that echoes the natural sentiments of your brand.
2. Avoid lengthy sales pitches.– One of the things that seem to drive people away from signing up or making a purchase is that the lead magnet features an extremely long sales pitch that spans a whole page. Scrolling all of the way down the page can be tiring to many people, and they may feel that it is a waste of time. Don’t assume that people are going to scroll all the way down to your call-to-action. If you do decide to make a long sales pitch for a product, make sure that you offer a way to click through to your offer at the top as well.
3. Avoid sales-oriented language.– Terms such as “best deal on the web” or “highest quality” may signal that the sales magnet page is nothing but a huge sales pitch for a product. What you should be trying to do to get new customers is to focus on increasing engagement and interest for your brand.
Even if you get a customer for a day, the overall goal should be to get a customer that will be loyal to your brand more than your products and who will return and share with others to increase your customer base exponentially.
4. Keep it simple.– The old rule of “keeping it simple” is still a good bit of advice when it comes to lead magnets. Some of the most effective lead magnets are often used in email marketing and getting subscribers to join a mailing list.
5. Use an infographic.– One way to create a great lead magnet is to create an original infographic. With infographics, you can create a strong graphic visual that appeals to people while focusing on a simple message. Don’t over clutter your infographic with too much data if you plan to use it as a lead magnet. Simply put the most important things on it and include a strong call-to-action.
Where to Place Your Best Lead Magnet Ideas:
The jury is still out regarding where you should place your lead magnet to get the best results. Many people believe that you should place it on a separate page and focus on only one product or concept at a time. This argument is understandable since it cuts down on the amount of clutter on the page and dedicates the page to only one thing.
For people who are easily distracted, this may help them to make a decision faster about the product that you are offering and avoid creating confusion about what the offer is about. However, you should also find a way to take the viewer back to your main website to convince them that your brand is the best without being overpowering.
Some people use their lead magnet on their social media and just create a sponsored Facebook ad or Twitter ad that will lead new people to become followers or to “like” their page. Once you get them to become a fan, they will receive notifications for any new post you make, which means you can sell to your potential audience of followers every time you post.
Placing your lead magnet on your blog is another idea. Remember that the people who follow and read your blog are probably a bit different kind of people than those who go to your main website. They probably want to know a bit more about what you’re about, your brand, and your company’s background.
They may also be coming to your blog to hear your take on various topics that they find important and which are relevant to your brand.
Wherever you place your sales magnet, make sure you do some research to know where your potential audience is to make the most of your efforts.
Using Video for a Lead Magnet
If you use video for a lead magnet, you can harness the power of video by including the call-to-action at the end of the video or placing it at the top of the video description. Put the link to your sales page within the video or in the description to create a video lead magnet.
This technique is often effective for many business owners who want to appeal to people with video and media.
The truth is that you can put your lead magnet anywhere you choose to, as long as you think it will be effective. Social media, YouTube, your website, blog, and any other place your brand resides are all fine. Just don’t go about it haphazardly. Instead, orchestrate a careful plan as to how you will proceed, using the best techniques that are proven to work.
First things, first. If you need to know where to start, you may want us to create an original infographic for your business. An infographic is a wonderful way to show your potential audience what you’re about, establish credibility for your brand, and increase the level of engagement.
There are many ways to create an infographic yourself. But this takes time. If you would like us to do one for you, just contact us for a free quote. While you’re on our site, be sure to look at our online portfolio. You’ll see several examples of infographics that we have created for other people that have gotten them views and leads.
There are many specific definitions for lead magnets, depending on who you ask. But it is anything that attracts potential followers, members, subscribers, or customers. Like a real magnet that attracts metal, you should focus on creating the most irresistible, beautiful, and a fun creative asset that you can that will result in increased conversions.
Remember it’s not that first sale that is the most important. It’s the impression you make on potential customers who will become brand evangelists, return to your brand time and time again, and bring thousands more with them.
See us today at infographicdesignteam.com.