Most business owners understand the importance of having an infographic. But what they are not so sure about is how long it should be to be effective with their target audience. If this sounds like you, this post should help to delve into this topic a bit more. First, we’ll talk about what an infographic is, and then we’ll show you some of the tools and resources you’ll need if you are trying to create your infographic.
What is an infographic?
First, let’s start with a definition of an infographic. An infographic is literally a graphic that is designed for the purpose of information. The rule of thumb of creating informational content is that you should make it long enough to cover your topic well without boring your readers.
This requires a bit of expertise on your topic area, and this should come fairly naturally if you own a website. The key to creating a compelling infographic is in how you present the information without making it so long that your readers will leave your page.
So the most important thing is that you have enough content to include on your infographic to make it interesting without making it so long that it bores the reader.
How long will it take to create one?
Another question that indirectly involves the question we’ve posed in our blog title today is how long it will take to create an infographic. While ideas vary on this question, the consensus is that it will take around one month. So, if you plan to create your infographic, you can expect to spend around 30 days from start to finish. (Scribble Live)
What tools will you need?
Once you get your idea for your infographic, what kind of tools will you need? Have you thought about the type of tools and resources you will need to create your infographic? At the very least, you will need the following tools:
- Graphic design programs– Basic graphic design programs can be found online or in a local software store. Most of these programs will allow you to create a basic graphic that you can use to start the process of creating an infographic.Design your graphics first so that you can work your text and other elements around it.You can start with a basic shape and then add to it as you go.
- Photoshop or similar editing program– Adobe Photoshop is a photo editing program, but it has several features for editing graphics that you may want to use for enhancing and editing your graphic elements that you want to include in your infographic. You can now have a copy of Photoshop as well as other Adobe creative tools for only $19.99 per month.
- Animation program (for animated graphics)– If you plan to create an animated infographic, you will want to find an animation program that will convert your graphics into animations. Depending on how you want to do this, it can be quite complicated to find the right program to achieve the effect you are after.
- Video editing program (for video infographics)– Do you want to create a video infographic? This is a great way to bring your infographic to life.But you can only do this if you have the right tools. Consider creating a video infographic. To do this, you will need to have a video program that will allow you to edit and create a video infographic promptly. Adobe Premiere is a good program to do this, but it is expensive. Check around and see what is available if you decide to create a video infographic.
- Standard size of infographics dimension chart– When creating your infographic, you will need to know the ideal size for infographics requirements of different platforms before you try to upload it. You can run into all sorts of issues in placing your infographics on social media and websites if you don’t know the specifications.
How to make a great infographic
If you are feeling brave and have the budget to foot the bill for these extra programs and tools, there’s no reason why you can’t try to create your infographic. However, there are some big advantages to hiring a professional design team to do it instead.
Professional Results Everytime
One advantage to hiring a professional infographic design team is that you get professional results every time. This is not to say that you will always get exactly what you want from every project you hire out. But if you communicate well with your design team and tell them what you want, you should get the results you’re after 95% of the time.
Overall Time Investment Low
If you are busy (as most business owners are), you may not have the time to devote to learning how to create your infographic. Considering that it takes around a month to produce an infographic from start to finish, you may want to think about whether it will be worth spending the time to devote to the process yourself and how much time this will take from your normal business activities.
If you hire a professional team to design your infographic for you, you will not have to schedule some time to work on your infographic that takes away from the other things you have to do. Instead, you can have your infographic design experts devote their time to your project while you work on your business.
Increase your return on investment.
Every business owner wants to increase their return on their investment. For every dollar you spend, you need to figure out how to see more money come back from that investment. When you invest in your infographic with a design team, you will hand over this responsibility to the design team. If they are a good team, you’ll be able to see your investment pay off without having to do as much about it yourself.
In addition to saving time, you can also save money by hiring a professional design team. Sure, there will be a cost for the project that you’ll have to invest. But if you do it yourself, you’ll be spending money on software and tools that will allow you to create your infographic. If you don’t buy the right software or it doesn’t work, you’ll waste time and money trying to start all over with a different program. This guesswork can all be eliminated with a professional design team.
You’ll also save money because you are not using a trial-and-error method in figuring out how to create and produce your infographic, tweaking it to fit the various platforms, and spending hours on the project. In the famous book, The Four Hour Work Week, Tim Ferris recommends outsourcing everything you possibly can that is not directly related to your business itself. That’s something to think about and may produce more income for you in the long run due to the increase in productivity you’ll see as a result.
At infographicdesignteam.com, we understand that you’re busy. You need to find a solution for your infographic that will save you both time and money. You need to get back to your business as soon as possible. Turn your infographic over to us, and we’ll save you both time and money, and we guarantee that you will love the results.