Your basic goal as an entrepreneur is to sell the products and services of your organisation. With the increasing dominance of the tech savvy population, it has become quite obvious that success in entrepreneurship is largely dependent on the success of online marketing. And this is possible only when you are able to mash up all the components of online advertising in the correct proportion. One such avenue of the online marketing is the PPC campaign, the success of which is determined by the click through rate.
The Importance of High Click through Rates
If one had to define the concept of the click through rate in simple words, then one could refer to it as a kind of meter that lets the entrepreneurs gauge the success of their online marketing campaign. In other words, one could define it as the percentage of people viewing the web page by clicking the associated advertisement.
The click through rate of a particular advertisement can be said to be directly proportional to the success of the advertisement – higher the rate, higher the number of people visiting the web page. And more the number of people, greater will be the probability of visitors converting into customers. High click through rates also aids owners of websites to support the site by means of the advertising dollars.
Ensuring High Click through Rates- Things That You Can Do
Having a high click through rate is quite an important criterion when it comes to the determination of the success of an advertisement in the domain of online marketing. In such a situation, achieving high rates of click for an advertisement is quite important.
• A typical paid ad features the domain name of the associated website at the end of the ad. It has been found that the use of the prefix “www” increases the chances of a click by 16% than the ones without it. Hence, it would be best if you keep this criterion in mind the next time you are up for the PPC campaign of your organisation.
• The use of trademark symbols can also prove to be a significant catalyst as far as increasing the click through rate is concerned. Though they have been generally funded to be in use for legal issues, their use in the PPC campaign has been found to boost the click through rate by almost 90%.
• Making use of the most relevant keywords or phrases in the ad is another way of increasing the click through rate of the advertisements. It is therefore, best if you conduct a thorough analysis of the keywords and incorporate them in your ad.
• Though the use of graphics may seem to be an alluring option, they do not really pay off well when it comes to advertisements. Making the ad visually appealing is important but going over the top with it is not really a wise decision.
• Offering certain products or services for free in the ad is another way of grabbing the attention of the visitors. Needless to say once you successfully grab the attention of the visitors, there is every chance that they will click through your ad, thereby increasing the click through rate.
Though the click through rates of the ad does not refer to the number of sales, it nonetheless has been found to be quite useful in determining the success of the PPC campaign.