Your logo says a lot about your business. It is the first thing people see when they buy your products, shop your store, and visit your website. But how do you know if your logo is everything it needs to be? What should you include when you make changes to your logo? Should it be bold and colorful? Should you change it dramatically to draw attention?
Businesses make changes for various reasons. Perhaps your revenue is not as high as it was in previous season. Perhaps people are not responding to your website as well as you had hoped they would. This can be due to some important reasons, including:
- Navigation issues – You need your website to be easy to navigate. Customers will be able to find their way around your site without difficulty. If they have too much trouble with your navigation, they may go elsewhere.
- Checkout processes – The checkout process on your site should be easy to maneuver. This will help you make the final sale.
- Ineffective UI on your site – Make sure your site is user-friendly so that visitors will feel comfortable on your site.
- Logo issues – If people are not responding well to your site, the problem may be your logo. Your logo is important on your website as the face of your business. If you have a high bounce rate on your site, perhaps it’s time for a change in your logo.
Using Google Analytics
One tool you can use to check the effectiveness of any element on your website is Google Analytics. This free tool allows you to see how well people are responding (or not) to your web content. You can also perform experiments to see how well visitors respond to changes. This allows you to look at specific aspects of your site and correct issues that aren’t working as well.
Learning from the Big Brands
Big brands like Pepsi, Nike, and Netflix have all gone through changes in their logos. Some of these changes have been very subtle, while others have been more dramatic. Deciding how much to change (or if to change at all) is an important decision for company owners. How do you know what you should do to achieve the best effect with your logo?
We researched this topic and found five sound logo tips from experts in logo design that will help business owners to improve upon their logo using some of the best design ideas from the pros.
1. Use interesting colors. Color is key when it comes to creating a strong logo. Rich and dynamic colors such as red and blue are preferable to weaker or more exotic colors like yellow or pale green. Pastels do not do well in a logo, and they tend to suggest a lack of strength associated with your brand. It also helps to know what the universal color meanings are. People will associate some of these meanings with your logo. So choose colors carefully.
2. Use fonts well.– The use of fonts can be very powerful. Steve Jobs thought fonts were so important that he chose to use some of the most powerful and beautiful fonts in his original Macintosh computers. Fonts can be bold, digital, small, scripted, or any other type. The important thing is to find a font that echoes the personality of your brand better than the others.
3. Be flexible.– Another tip from the experts regarding logo design is to be flexible and easy in the way you design your logo. Just because you have a company, you are trying to make global doesn’t mean that your logo has to be formal or businesslike. Think about your brand and try to capture some of the fun or adventures that you incorporate into your brand. One example of this is Amazon’s logo. Even though Amazon is one of the biggest companies in the world, their logo is simple and fun. It works for them. If you are looking for a similar brand logo that is simple, yet speaks much, there are multiple professional graphic design agencies offering branding & logo design Gold Coast wide. Try them out and you won’t regret.
4. Be patient. Another tip logo experts advise businesses to keep in mind is to be patient. Remember that a legend doesn’t happen overnight. If you want your brand to be a household name, it’s best to create a sound, attractive logo that will stand the test of time. Don’t try to follow fads or trends that may force you to change your logo again too soon. Remember that people like stability. While changing your logo somewhat may draw attention to your brand, making radical changes may make people mistrust your brand or even mistake it for another brand, which is disastrous.
5. To thine own heart be true. We have quoted Uncle Will before when we said, “What’s in a name?” regarding logo design. But this saying also applies. You need to be true to your brand when choosing a new logo. Be careful not to stray too far from your roots, while adding onto what you already have. An example of this is Apple. Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak named Apple to represent the “tempting apple” concept of the Garden of Eden that everyone just had to have. Through the years, they have made subtle changes, especially with their iPhone apps and iTunes applications. But they have never changed the apple itself. Doing so might confuse their loyal customers and risk losing them to the competition. Apple is smart.
No matter how big or small your current brand is, implementing each of these key points is crucial to building a professional logo and brand identity.
What inspires you?
When it comes to making changes within your logo, consider what inspires you. Look around in nature and the real world and consider all of the options. Would a natural look add something to your logo? How about a bold font that indicates strength and purpose? When you are trying to figure out what to change about your logo, it pays to do some brainstorming first.
Plan in Analogue
One thing you can do when you are brainstorming options for your logo is to sketch it out on a legal pad first. Since your logo includes graphics and text, you could take some pencils and colored markers and draw it out on plain paper before you try to capture it in some digital form. Try out several different designs before you make a decision. It helps to try things on before you buy when it comes to logo design.
Where to Start with Logo Design
If you are confused as to how your logo should look or if you think it’s time for a change, the professional design team at Infographic Design Team is here to help!
We have the expertise and design experience to analyze, redesign, and create your logo for you. We also understand the importance of color and the universal meanings. We have experience in using fonts and shapes to create the perfect logo for your business. Our design professionals also realize that your business is unique. You need a logo that truly reflects your uniqueness as a brand. We will listen to your requests and help you design a logo that you’ll be proud of.
If you need help with your logo or infographic design, contact our professional design and customer support team today. We have the background and expertise to redesign your logo to reflect what you actually want to say for your brand.
Click here to contact us today to sign up for a free consultation.