Do you have an infographic for your business? Do you plan to create an infographic soon and are you wondering what you should include in your infographic? There are some important things that you should include in the infographic elements that will help you to boost your brand. But you must first decide what the most important aspects are. Considering the theme of your infographic and the purpose of it is of utmost importance when creating a unique infographic.
There are also different types of infographics, so this can make choosing your topic and the way you do this so important. Some research and thought should go into this process before attempting to create your infographic. This will ensure that you have a solid plan and valuable information that you can share with your target audience.
This post is dedicated to looking at the essential components of an excellent infographic. Every business will have certain things they want to include in their infographic, but some tried-and-true components should always be included to help promote your idea, information, or brand.
5 Things to Include
When creating your infographic, think about your focus then try to include the following five components. All of these are important but you should also do your own research to decide what you should include.
- Stunning graphics– Graphics are at the heart of the infographic. Creating beautiful graphics for your infographic is important. People expect good visuals when they are looking at an infographic. Use colors that attract people such as blue, purple, red, and other colors that draw the eye to your message. The placement of the various graphics is important too. They should be arranged in an attractive way that appeals to the target audience, and that makes them want to share.
- Valued information– One of the most important aspects of an infographic is the information that you include. It should be on a topic that is valued. It does not have to considered valuable for everyone. But it should be valued by your primary audience. You can brainstorm ideas on what is considered valuable to them by reading customer inquiry emails and study what they have said about your brand on social media. By addressing customer concerns, you can use your infographic to give them the valuable information they are wanting while handling customer objections and helping your customer base to expand.
- Relevant and current data– Including the most relevant and current data for people that read your infographic is important. If you have old data that is no longer relevant, this could reflect negatively on your brand or your message. So focus on creating important information that will resonate with your viewers.
- Good organization– Organization is at the key of a good infographic. Without organization, you may have the fanciest graphics and colors, but people will see it as chaotic. They will have trouble understanding what your focus is and they may miss your most important messages that you are trying to deliver.
- Concept/Design– The trick to creating the best infographic is to be able to work your main concept into your design. The design is just how it looks to the eye. It should be attractive and should increase the interest in your message. But the most important thing is to define your concept and then work your design around your concept.
Marketingland.com recommends including: concept, data, story, and design as your primary components. The story that you are telling is important if you use material that is inducive to a good story format. Some topics, though, are more likely to be communicated in a step-by-step format that is more instructional in nature. But if you can create a story around your information, it will increase the level of interest and engagement among your visitors.
What Entrepreneur Magazine has to Say on Infographics
Entrepreneur Magazine, one of the most respected magazines on the topic of entrepreneurship and business today, says that the most important infographic elements should be:
If you think about each of these infographic resources, you can see why they view these things are so important when building your infographic. The story is the narrative that you are telling people about your concept. It is the way in which you unfold the idea that you have that is behind the infographic. The style of your infographic is also important because it is the way in which you are getting your message across.
The essential infographic design tips
Simplicity deals with the level of ease by which people can understand your message and not feel caught in a web of clutter. This has to do with the organization of your message as we mentioned in our top 5 components. If you already have an infographic created for your site, it’s then time to focus on your infographic marketing strategy.
Statistics add to the data and back it up with scientific polls or information that gives your message more credibility so that you can stand behind your data. You need to remember that everything you put out on behalf of your brand reflects back on your branding and online image. Make sure you check your data and statistics and include valuable information that your customers will appreciate.
Making your infographic shareable means that you need to create content that people will want to share with others. Social media is so powerful and so essential to helping your brand succeed. So remembering social media and their requirements for posting infographics is important. You can check out this infographic reference guide so that you will know the technical requirements for posting infographics on social media.
Using your best sources for the information that you put in your infographic is important also. Sources are important to the credibility of your information so make sure and include a few links to some of your best sources to establish your credibility.
Whether you follow the guidelines of Entrepreneur Magazine or the others that we combined from some sources, it is recommended that you choose around 5-7 components that you include in all of your infographics and use that as your guideline for your infographic creations.
Where to Start
Now that you know the essential components that should be included in a good infographic, you will want to start thinking about how to differentiate yourself with your infographic. You can either opt for infographic design templates available online or you can get it done professionally. Customizing your infographic for your brand and creating compelling graphics that will attract your customers is what it’s all about.
Until you connect your branding to your infographic in a unique way, you will fail to make the connection that your customers are looking for that connects your concept to your branding.
The best way to accomplish this and help customers make the connection between your brand and your infographic is to create the best infographic possible that includes these components and that also exemplifies the ideas of your brand.
If you need help creating a great infographic, visit us at infographicdesignteam.com. We can talk to you about your business and create a customized infographic that will help you communicate valuable information that your customers want while helping to boost your brand in a unique way.