Social media is rapidly turning into a vital part of the modern marketing mix. From a business standpoint, it contributes how businesses interact with potential customers. Social engagement, customer reviews and other aspects contribute to consumer decision of purchase. 75% of marketers report positive results in terms of traffic increase as one of the major benefits of social media. 86% of marketers said social media was important to their businesses. By spending as little as 6 hours per week, 64% of marketers see lead generation benefits with social media.
Having a strong social media presence is an efficient way to build your company’s reputation. If you are eager to be found among the millions of sites on the web, you need to enhance your social media presence. Follow the 10 ideas and formulas for instant improvement! Consider each step and add it into your overall marketing strategy.
1. Update your Social Media profiles:
- Facebook: Is your Facebook page still the same when you started? If yes, you need to update your Facebook page. Update your company profile and contact information on your Facebook page. Add your Facebook page to your website or blog to allow visitors to connect with your page easily. If you haven’t changed your Facebook cover photo since you started it, you are missing a big marketing opportunity. Freshen up your page with a new cover photo.
- Google Plus: Create a cover page for your Google Plus profile. Include a professional profile image. Post high quality content and include call to action buttons. Use relevant keywords as people are using keywords when they search for your business.
- Twitter: Grow your Twitter follower on a daily basis. Identify who is your real follower. Write content relevant to your audience and keep on updating your content. Track your mentions, keywords and hashtags.
- LinkedIn: Make sure your LinkedIn profile is 100% complete. Update your profile adding any new employment, skills, testimonials, articles or presentations. Begin to participate in active conversations.
- Instagram: We share spontaneous and exciting moments of our lives on Instagram. Businesses are using Instagram for promoting their products and services. You need to update your profile on Instagram. Organize your content. You need to get everything organized in one place. Categorize the different kinds of images that you have.
2. Update your old Content:
Update your old content as evergreen content is your friend. A good way to ensure that you have up to date content is finding reliable sources of information in your industry. Listen to your target audience what they care about so that you can create content they will find engaging and relevant. Use hashtags, keywords and place social media icons on your website and blog. Make sure you have the resources to consistently update your content on your website or blog. And finally, prepare a plan for your content distribution. Customize the content you distribute on each social media platform. Consider what messages are appropriate for each platform.
3. Generate buzz with Infographics:
Visuals are vital to online success. In order to stand out from the crowd, your social media marketing strategies should be very well thought of and planned. One of the strategy used by businesses is the use of infographics. Infographic creates a visual appeal by providing facts and promoting campaigns. Sharing content has now become easier with infographics. Posting visual content is the most important thing you can do to improve your social media presence. Content with relevant images get 94% more viewers. Tweets with images receive 150 more retweets. A topic can be designed into an infographic and can be used on websites. Websites with infographics generate more traffic. You can decide on the content and design of your infographic. The control is in your hands.
4. Harness the power of SlideShare:
Most of the businesses focus on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. Out of all the social media platforms, SlideShare is the most overlooked. SlideShare’s audience expects high quality presentations. Clicks and views depend on the quality of presentations. If you choose a topic related to your business and design an appealing presentation and upload it to SlideShare, you are likely to see a few hundred views immediately. Use keywords and phrases in your slides, as it can impact on your success in SlideShare. You can also use keywords and phrases in the title and description of your presentation.
5. Join Social Media groups:
By joining social media groups, you can interact with your potential customers. Try to interact with people and answer their questions. Interacting with people on social media will give you more opportunity to grow. Figure out their choice and preferences. Interacting with people builds your online reputation.
6. Participate in Conversations:
You need to effectively engage with your prospects. You need to know where they are engage most frequently in social media. If they are on Twitter, add them to your Twitter list. Reach out to leads on LinkedIn. Read and listen to their content and comment if you have something to add. Comment on other’s blog and respond to the comments that you receive.
7. Search Engine Optimization:
SEO revolve around two things: using the right keywords and the number of authoritative sites that linked back to your content via inbound links. Use Google’s keyword planner to research the terms that can lead potential clients to your website. Similar to links, getting quality social shares is ideal. Social sharing is the technical term for “word of mouth” marketing that drives people towards a brand. In social media content is king. If you have a high quality content, you’ll have a strong foundation for SEO success.Create a content strategy that supports your search engine optimization strategy.
You need to seriously consider blogging. Blogging can put life to your social media campaign and do wonders for your social media presence. Research has shown that businesses that post blogs get more traffic as compared to businesses that do not post blogs. Creating content of value for your blog is a must. If you create content that delivers value to the reader, he is more likely to share the content. A high quality content has a huge impact on your social media presence. You can add images and videos to your blog to generate more traffic.
9. Provide real value:
Providing real value can keep your business on the top of the mind of consumers. Offer downloadable ebooks or discounts to demonstrate the benefits of your products and services.
10. Use Vine:
Vine is a short video sharing platform. Easy functionality has made vine a tough challenger among its competition. Vine has more than 40 million users. Vine can generate buzz as well as increase brand recognition. The first step is to create authentic and engaging content. Once completed, vine is an ideal platform for sharing your video.
Social media is thus, an important aspect for a business to grow and expand in the best possible manner. Use the social media potential for your business as much as possible. Being successful here means being noticed. And what can be more eye-grabbing and easy-to-understand than a stunning Infographic? Be loud in social media, make your customers hear your voice – make a shift from text-only posts to visually-rich posts by introducing Infographics. It is important to reach out to the relevant customer niche for your enterprise. Visit our portfolio. Contact our design team today with your idea for an Infographic, and we’ll get right back to you with our best ideas, design concepts and a budget to align with your brand.