Business managers and entrepreneurs know that monitoring what you do is one of the ultimate keys to success on the web. One of the components that you need to control is your backlinks.
Good backlinks help your rankings in Google and Alexa, while bad or dead links can create problems for you with both. We have scoured the web to find these ten great free and premium tools that allow you to test, monitor, and evaluate your links so that you can disconnect from dead or ineffective links while keeping the good ones.
Many of these allow you to export your data as well, but most of the free ones do not allow the export option. Still, with any of these, you’ll be able to get a quick picture of how your backlinks are doing, and you can choose the tool that best helps you to keep an eagle eye on your backlinks at all times and make adjustments as needed.
Ten Great Tools for Analyzing Your Backlinks
1. SE Ranking – SE Ranking is an online premium web tool that allows you to monitor the efficiently and effectiveness of your backlinks. Their basic plan is $39 per month and gives you monitoring of up to 5,000 backlinks. You also get a website audit for up to 25,000 pages.
You also get the following features:
- Rank tracking
- Keyword research
- Competitor rank tracking
- Website audit
SE Rank also allows you to get a detailed link analysis of your indexed pages and create follow or “no follow” add-ons to avoid issues with Google’s ranking on sites that you don’t want to backlink. You can create anchor text and track your Alexa rank.
2. Backlink Watch – This is a free tool that allows you to track your website’s backlinks. It will return up to 1000 links, but you cannot export results. It has a high level of confidence in its effectiveness, and you can use Ahrefs APIs, meaning you can trust the results.
3. SEO Spyglass – This tool offers a robust platform on which to track your backlinks. We like the way it lines up all of your links in a row where you can see the URLs and their backlinks to your sites. They have a database of over 15 trillion sites, and you can check up to 1100 links for free. You can export the results by upgrading to a paid version.
4. Ahrefs – Ahrefs is a nifty online tool that allows you to track backlinks and monitor their effectiveness. There is a free version you can start with to monitor up to ten backlinks and two domains per request. You can increase your package by upgrading to the $79 per month version. It allows you to implement the following functions within the platform:
- Anchor text
- Image backlinks
There are many other features as well that help you track and monitor the level of success of your backlinks. Also, if you are ever penalized by Google, you will be able to see the percentage of anchor text on your site and fix it if it is too much.
5. OpenLinkProfiler – This tool provides up to 200,000 links per report and also shows which links were active in the last 90 days.
You can export up to 100 backlinks in .csv format or upgrade to the paid version to export even more.
6. RankSignals – RankSignals is a free tool that allows you to find your competitor’s backlinks and traffic sources and helps you build up your link strategy. You can see the PR of the site and use Alexa Rank, PageRank, and other social metrics to your social media accounts to track those, as well.
Another great feature is that you can track bad and spammy links and insert a “no follow” in these so that you won’t get penalized from Google. This is a very efficient tool for staying on top of your backlink tracking game while avoiding penalties from Google for bad links.
7. Backlink Test – This handy tool provides a comprehensive list of incoming and outgoing backlinks. It identifies the source’s IP address and gives you a good look at how successful your links are working for you.
It’s a bit on the “spammy side” when you go to their main site but just ignore the ads below it and type in your site link to test your links. It’s a very simplistic approach to backlink monitoring, and it’s totally free and allows you to detect the IP address of any link.
8. Monitor Backlinks – Monitor Backlinks lets you track your link profiles with a simple but robust system. You can track up to ten links and results without registering the program. If you want more results, just upgrade your membership. Premium accounts start at just $25 per month, and they allow you to view the entire domain’s links, SEO metrics, rankings for keywords, and much more.
Also, like some of the other tools we’ve mentioned, it lets you disconnect from the lower quality links to avoid getting penalizes or losing some ranking power due to the dead or ineffective linkage.
9. Link Diagnosis – This tool allows you to monitor your backlinks based on a number of results including:
- Spam and bad links
- Internal and external links
- Web page rank distribution
This tool also allows you to test various aspects of these results and works best in the Firefox browser.
10. Alexa – If you want to make an impact with your backlinks, you may want to go straight to the source of one of the most critical ranking standards on the web-Alexa. By using their tool to monitor your backlinks and their success, you will come closer to winning the game of ranking when it comes to Alexa’s important ranking mechanism.
Check out their site and their online tools to see how you can maximize your level of success with backlinks and achieve a level of control over your Alexa rankings.
Here is another resource you may want to check out. It allows you to watch your links all of the time and
Other SEO Tools – This link shows you some ways and tools that allow you to keep a constant watch on all of your links, as well as keywords and other vital information. You are building your internal web when you are trying to build backlinks to your site. You can use this tool to get an overall picture of your backlink profiles and see what you need to do to adjust them.
Browse through this list of great tools and add-ons and see which ones may benefit you as you build and monitor your backlinks.
Once you master how to track your backlinks, you are coming to a step closer to being Google-friendly and achieving a higher level of success with your online branding and increasing your credibility.
Remember that the only thing worse than no backlinks is bad backlinks.
Contact us at InfographicDesignTeam.com to find out more about how to increase your power online by creating links to your infographics and boosting your brand.